Job: Translator/Exchange Program Coordinator/Liaison – Chicago Futabakai Japanese School (Chicago, IL, USA)
Position: Translator/Exchange Program Coordinator/Liaison
Posted by: Chicago Futabakai Japanese School
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks to JET alumni, Ben Picone (Shimane-ken) for the following job opening at his company. Just a heads up, they prefer to higher a former JET:
The Chicago Futabakai Japanese School is an all-Japanese language school in Arlington Heights, IL that serves Japanese children and provides them with the same education they would receive in Japan. We are looking for a translator/interpreter to support the principal and staff at the school, as well as run the exchange program with local schools. The position would begin in April.
- Communication with teachers and local schools to organize and execute the yearly exchange program
- Aid Japanese teachers with language, day-to-day support, and problems with life in America.
- Act as an assistant to the principal
- Translate documents and interpret live both from Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
- Plan and execute daily English lessons for first grade
- Assist on field trips, recess, and other school duties as a teacher
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Written and spoken fluency in both Japanese and English
- Experience with both the Japanese and American school systems
- Excellent project coordination skills
- Appropriate, professional attitude towards work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Teaching experience desired.
Interested parties please email BPicone@chicagojs.net for more information.