Position: Finance Department Internship
Posted by: Japan Society
Location: New York, USA
Thanks to JETAANY Vice President Katy Piper for the following internship:
FINANCE DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – 2017
The internship will provide an opportunity to assist in financial and administrative functions. The intern will also gain a general overview of the Japan Society’s programs and events.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist Finance team with annual audit preparation
- Prepare, organize and maintain files and reports
- Input invoices for payment
- Maintain and update databases
- Perform various administrative duties as needed
- Assist in various projects
Internship: DC-based Internship with Sasakawa Peace Foundation and the Aspen Institute (Washington, DC)
Posted by: Sasakawa Peace Foundation and the Aspen Institute
Location: Washington, D.C.
Dear JETAADC Members:
We are writing to share two exciting internship opportunities with the Sasakawa Peace Foundation and the Aspen Institute:
- Sasakawa USA has a new internship opening for the Education Program. The job posting is attached or can be found via Sasakawa’s website (click here).
- The Aspen Institute is hiring a paid, spring intern, to start in January. This group works on interesting and important economic issues that have the power to expand wealth-building opportunities to low- and moderate-income Americans, including retirement, tax reform, and consumer finance regulation. More info here: https://aspeninstitute.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=474837&&&jbsrc=1024
Thank you and good luck!
Thanks to JET alum Lana Kitcher (who works at Japan Society) for passing this on. FYI, she mentioned that it’s not up on the website yet but will be by next week. Posted by blogger and podcaster Jon Dao (Toyama-ken, 2009-12). Click here to join the JETwit Jobs Google Group and receive job listings even sooner by email.
Position: Individual Giving Intern
Japan Society’s Development office seeks a 2014 summer intern to assist with daily operations related to Individual Giving. Working with the Director of Individual Giving and Individual Giving Associate, this is an excellent opportunity to gain firsthand experience in individual fundraising at an internationally-recognized nonprofit cultural organization with a distinguished history of more than 100 years. Read More
Thanks to JETAA Hawaii’s Stephanie Toriumi for forwarding this opportunity. Posted by Kim ‘Kay’ Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97). Click here to join the JETwit Jobs Google Group and receive job listings even sooner by email.
Position: Management Intern
Posted by: Japan-America Society
Start Date: N/A
The Japan-America Society of Hawaii is currently looking for an intern in the fall. You will work closely with every staff member in the office who would be training you as if you were a management-trainee (learning every aspect of their jobs). After this initial period, depending on how well you are doing at the time, they may continue with more in-depth training in these areas or assign you to take over coordination duties for the Japan-in-a-Suitcase program for the remainder of your internship. If interested, please email cover letter & resume to Marsha Yokomichi at email@example.com.