Position: Position in the Accounting Department
Posted by: United Nations in Japan
Location: New York City, NY
Position: Full Time TV/Film Production Staff
Posted by: TK Digital Corporation
Location: Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Received directly from the company.
TK Digital Corporation, a production company, is seeking full time staff. At TK Digital we produce television shows, commercials, movies, TV dramas, and corporate videos, mainly for the Japanese market. A sample of our commercial work can be seen here: http://www.tk-digital.com/reel/
Candidates must be bilingual (fluent in English and Japanese). We value enthusiasm, a willingness to learn the trade, and the ability to figure things out. Drivers license is a plus. Health insurance offered to all full time staff. H1-B visa support available for those who qualify.
Please send resumes to email@example.com, and include a brief description of yourself in the email and write “full time staff” in the subject field.
Position: Support Staff Member
Posted by: Consulate General of Japan in Nashville
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Thanks to JET alumna Cameron Manning (Shiga-ken) who works at the Consulate General of Japan in Nashville for the following job opening:
The Information and Culture Section of the Consulate-General of Japan in Nashville is seeking one support staff member. This is a temporary (full-time) position that will run until 31 March 2017, with an extension dependent on budget approval. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to maintain and update the Consulate’s website using the Consulate’s content management system, to monitor media coverage, to develop the Consulate’s media relations by creating and updating multiple social media accounts, and to assist Consulate staff with planning and coordinating cultural events. Ideal candidate should be adaptable, results-oriented, creative, and knowledgeable of technology applications and software.
Anyone who is eligible is welcome to apply by sending his/her resume and cover letter, including their telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail contact information to Information and Culture Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 27 January 2017.
- Update and maintain the Consulate’s website
- Create and maintain social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
- Draft newsletters, social media posts, and email
- Take high-quality photographs at Consulate events to be used for website and social media
- Occasional drafting and proofreading of documents
- Monitor and report on media coverage in five-state area
- Assist Consulate staff with any team projects and/or events
- Research and data entry
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of HTML code, content management systems, and web editing software
- At least two years of college education
- Native-level English proficiency
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Great photography and image editing skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Japanese language ability, knowledge of Japanese culture, and/or prior work experience in a Japanese-related organization is not required, but will be a strong advantage.
Position: Junior Recruiter
Posted by: Prolink Consulting
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Thanks to current JET Luis Mesa (Fukushima-ken) for the following job opening based in Tokyo, but works all over Asia.
Prolink Consulting was established in Hong Kong to cover insurance market across Asia Pac region including Japan. Now we are looking for a junior recruiter to cover Asia Pacific market-based in Tokyo.
- Day-to-day insurance related news collecting and posting to our website.
- Day-to-day learning about insurance and actuarial responsibilities and career developments.
- Cold /warm calling/emails to candidates in the insurance industry in the world.
- Develop insurance clients within Asia Pacific region.
- Occasional trips to develop relationships with clients and candidates in Asia Pacific region.
Position: Group Leaders specifically for Japan
Posted by: Experiment in International Living
Location: Brattleboro, Vermont, USA & Japan
Thanks to Associate Group Leader Laura Martin for the following updated description for summer group leaders to Japan:
Now hiring group leaders for summer abroad programs to Japan!
The Experiment in International Living is currently hiring exceptional professional individuals to serve as International Group Leaders to guide our summer 2017 programs in Japan. To learn more about our programs in Japan, please visit: www.experiment.org/pn/programs/country/japan/ .
Group Leaders are The Experiment’s most critical on-the-ground resource, traveling alongside their group and serving as their students’ primary support throughout the program. Each program has two co-leaders, who work together to guide a group of 10 to 15 high school students on a 4-week journey. Leaders take on a wide range of responsibilities, including helping their students integrate into local cultures and host families, conducting group excursions, and guiding students through discussions of and reflections on their experiences. Leaders work with the Experiment’s US-based staff and in-country partners to maximize students’ health and safety and to ensure the program is meaningful, challenging, and experientially rich.
Commitment to Diversity
The Experiment is committed to recruiting and supporting students of diverse backgrounds, and thus The Experiment is equally committed to hiring International Group Leaders who represent diverse geographic, ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds.
How to Apply
The Experiment is currently accepting applications for 2017 International Group Leaders available to lead trips to Japan. The final application deadline is January 24, 2017. Apply online at www.experiment.org/leaders .
Learn More about the leader hiring timeline and access the application on our website at www.experiment.org/leaders.
Contact The Experiment at email@example.com.
Position: Strategic Planning Associate
Posted by: Septeni America
Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Thanks to USJETAA Executive Director Laurel Lukaszewski for the following job opening:
From Yuuki Shinomiya:
Looking to hire a few smart, energetic, and fun-loving people to join our office in San Francisco. We are a rapidly growing global digital ad agency with a strong foot print in Japan. Japanese/English speaking abilities strongly preferred (many of us are bilingual/some tri-&quatro-lingual).
Message me if you’d like to know more! I can be reached at
(The below link is just for one position, but we have more openings in SF).
Position: Project Coordinator – Luxury Sales Division
Posted by: Seiko Corp. Of America
Location: Mahwah, NJ
Thanks to JET alumna Kia Cheleen Samaniego (Aichi-ken) for the following job listing:
If you believe that timing is a key factor in your next career position, come join SEIKO Corporation of America an industry leader in the field of precision timepieces! We have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated, hard-working individual to join our team.
This position will be actively involved in all facets of the Luxury Division of Seiko Corporation of America.
- Project management: facilitate the smooth operation of Seiko’s luxury boutiques and the Luxury Sales Division Plan and coordinate: Management of all POS assets, Departmental timelines and schedules, new account coordination, distribution of information to divisional personnel and retailers.
- Timely communications with parent company in Japan Sales and inventory reporting and analysis Coordinate and prepare material for presentations, monthly, quarterly and seasonally Coordination with key retailers, their local vendors and SCA Marketing to promote and organize local retailer events Attendance and travel to special events as needed across the US.
- Working with vendors to accommodate boutique and divisional needs Coordination with vendors, retailers and property owners related to site visits and installations of Luxury boutiques and shop in shops within premier retail shopping districts and leading retailers across the US.
Position: Facility Rental Coordinator
Posted by: Morikami
Location: Delray Beach, Florida, USA
Thanks to JET alumna Wendy Lo (Toyama-ken) for the following job opening:
I would like to inform you that we have a job opening in our Facility Rentals department for the Facility Rental Coordinator position. For the job description details please visit http://morikami.org/job-opportunities/
Position: Senior Corporate Giving Officer
Posted by: Japan Society
Location: New York, USA
Here’s a job via Idealist:
Established in 1907, New York’s Japan Society is an internationally recognized nonprofit, nonpolitical organization that provides access to information on Japan, offers opportunities to experience Japanese culture, and fosters sustained and open dialogue on issues important to the U.S., Japan, and East Asia.
SENIOR CORPORATE GIVING OFFICER
The Senior Corporate Giving Officer works as part of the Development team to maintain and expand the corporate membership program while working closely with other Development Office staff members on Special Events and other projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Director to devise strategies for recruitment and retention of Corporate Members and Sponsors, and to achieve Corporate Membership revenue goals, as assigned.
- Arrange and participate in regular cultivation visits with existing and potential donors.
- Identify and research new prospects
- Prepare correspondence, proposals, benefits, marketing materials, and reports for Corporate Membership & Sponsorship.
- Cultivate corporate members to engage in additional opportunities in corporate support at Japan Society, including opportunities to hold events and to sponsor cultural, educational, and corporate and policy programming.
- Work with Development Officer and other Development staff to process and send out monthly renewal, upgrade, and solicitation materials to all corporate members with phone follow-up.
- Field inquiries via corporate membership phone lines, email inboxes and mail and answer questions.
- Steward donors and fulfill benefit requirements and requests.
- Work closely with Special Events team to sell tables to Annual Dinner.
Position: Hotel Staff
Location: Shibuya Japan
Thanks to Mr. Ikeyama who works at IFSA (International Foreign Students Association) for the following job opening:
Wanted Full-time hotel staff!
New hotel will open next May at Shibuya, Tokyo!
The new hotel is special because the concept is “SOCIALIZING”. “SOCIALIZING” means “Cool and Recycle・Reuse”!! They put “Cool” and “Recycle・Reuse” into the hotel.
They would like many guests from overseas to come to the hotel. That’s why they want to hire foreign staffs!!
Let’s make new hotel!!
- English fluently
- To have good communication skill
▼Pictures of hotel
Please contact me, if you are interested in being a staff and make new hotel!! We let applicants know detail!
【How to apply】
Send email to “Ikeyama” of IFSA
Title of email is “Apply to hotel staff”
Position: Finance Department Internship
Posted by: Japan Society
Location: New York, USA
Thanks to JETAANY Vice President Katy Piper for the following internship:
FINANCE DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – 2017
The internship will provide an opportunity to assist in financial and administrative functions. The intern will also gain a general overview of the Japan Society’s programs and events.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist Finance team with annual audit preparation
- Prepare, organize and maintain files and reports
- Input invoices for payment
- Maintain and update databases
- Perform various administrative duties as needed
- Assist in various projects
Position: Coordinator, Study Away Programs
Posted by: Western Kentucky University
Location: Bowling Green, KY, USA
The Study Away Program Coordinator is part of a team responsible for developing faculty-led programs in both the United States and multiple countries. This position will assist students and faculty with registration, travel and touring information, and general program support primarily for domestic programs. The Study Away Program Coordinator works under supervision of the Director of the Office of Study Away.
Thanks to JET alumni David Nelson (Oita-ken) for the following job opportunity:
Position: Nippon Television Reporter for Super Bowl
Posted by: ZIP!
Location: Houston, Texas, USA
Really cool opportunity for a JET alum received directly from the company.
“ZIP!” (http://www.ntv.co.jp/zip/), a morning daily entertainment news program that airs on Nippon Television is looking for a reporter for their coverage of the Super Bowl that is taking place in Houston next month.
Requirements: Looking for an 18 to 25 year old, female who lives in Houston. Must be a sports enthusiast who knows about football — the teams, players, coaches etc. The ability to speak conversational Japanese would be a plus.
Time Commitment: February 4th & 5th (full days)
This is a PAID work opportunity.
If interested, please send resume and photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org and include cell phone number in email.
Position: Assistant Correspondent
Posted by: Kyodo News
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Received directly from the company.
Kyodo News, the largest Japanese newswire, is currently seeking an assistant correspondent for its Los Angeles bureau. Journalism experience and Japanese language skills are not required, but some level of interest and knowledge of international affairs and Japanese culture and language is desired. Duties include assisting Japanese correspondents by researching political, cultural and international issues, attending press briefings and other events (award ceremonies, criminal trials, sporting events, etc.) as needed. Occasional out-of-state travel is required. Byline and other writing opportunities are regularly available for Kyodo News International, an English-language wire service, and they may be published by leading English newspapers in Japan and around Asia. Administrative tasks will include writing correspondence, planning logistics, and transcribing, arranging and conducting interviews.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is thinking about pursuing a career in journalism.
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs.
- Interest and experience in Japan and Asian regional issues highly desired.
- Journalism experience and Japanese language ability is a plus, but not required.
- You must be able to work in the United States legally. We do not sponsor visas.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Because this position requires travel to time-sensitive events, car ownership is required.
- Salary and paid overtime
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid vacations and sick-time
- Biannual bonus
Career Level: Entry
How and to Whom to Apply: Please address all correspondence to Chitose Nakagawa, Bureau Chief, Kyodo News Los Angeles. Resume and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com
Kyodo News, founded in November 1945 as a nonprofit cooperative organization, is the leading news agency in Asia. Kyodo covers the ever-changing developments in Japan and around the world, distributing news to domestic and overseas news media as well as international organizations and institutions. Major Japanese newspapers and radio-TV station subscribes to Kyodo. Kyodo News includes Japanese, English and Chinese-language services. Operating with an annual budget from membership dues and other subscription revenues, Kyodo is completely independent of any government or commercial interests.
Position: Executive Director
Posted by: Japan-America Society of Central Ohio
Location: Dublin, OH
Thanks to JETAA USA Board member Jessyca Livingston for passing this along.
The Japan-America Society of Central Ohio seeks an Executive Director to serve JASCO’s current membership and recruit new members. The successful candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a general understanding of the nonprofit sector, and a strong interest in the Japanese culture.
To be successful, the candidate should be a self-starter, confident in marketing and sales abilities, excellent at communicating with sensitivity to the people of diverse cultural backgrounds, and able to manage the multiple needs of the organization.
The position offers opportunities to be a leader in the U.S.-Japan grassroots relationships in Central Ohio by working with successful business and government leaders and working with Japanese, Japanese-Americans, and others with a strong interest in growing cultural understandings. JASCO provides the new Executive Director with a strong foundation and infrastructure to build upon. Fluency in Japanese is a plus.
JASCO is one of nearly 40 Japan-America Societies throughout the United States and is a member of the National Association of Japan-America Societies. Accordingly, the successful candidate should lead JASCO in fulfilling its mission as one of those societies, that is, to enrich lives by bringing the Japanese and American communities together, promoting goodwill through the sharing of knowledge about Japan, and providing a forum for informed discussion regarding the Japan-U.S. relationship. Read More