JetWit was created to be (among other things):
- A library of things written or created by JET alums (eg, newsletter articles) and/or links to things created by JET alums. If it was created by a JET alum, hopefully you can find it here.
- A place to publish and/or promote and/or bring attention to things created by or accomplished by JET alums.
- A source of job listings, especially related to writing, interpreting and translating, as well as freelancing in general.
- A directory of JET alums who are doing (or have done) interesting things or are established in various fields.
- A place for freelance or independently working JET alums to post professional profiles for employers to see.
- A way to raise the profile of JETAA in general by showing all the interesting things that JET alums have done and accomplished.
- A place for current JETs to look for jobs and helpful info and helpful alumni as they prepare to return home.
- A place for potential JETs to look to for writing and information about the JET Programme as well as a sense of what people do after JET.
The idea for JetWit grew from the creation of the Writers Interpreters Translators (WIT) Group, a community of JET alums and FOJs who are (or have an interest in) writing and/or interpreting and/or translating.
See what people have to say about JetWit here: http://jetwit.com/wordpress/2009/04/28/what-i-like-about-jetwit/
If you would like to contribute content, add a link or share any information or comments that you think would be relevant to the website and helpful to the JET alumni community, please read the Get Involved! page and/or contact Steven Horowitz at stevenwaseda at jetwit (dot) com.
Quick copyright note: All JET Alumni chapters are welcome to use any content from this site in their newsletters. In fact, we encourage it and just ask that proper attribution be given. However, please be aware that permission is required for any non-JET Alumni or any commercial use of content from this site.
We hope you enjoy the site and find it to be a useful resource.
—Steven Horowitz (Aichi-ken, Kariya-shi, 1992-94)
Click below for: