Position: Senior Corporate Giving Officer
Posted by: Japan Society
Location: New York, NY, USA
Here’s another job via Idealist:
Established in 1907, New York’s Japan Society is an internationally recognized nonprofit, nonpolitical organization that provides access to information on Japan, offers opportunities to experience Japanese culture, and fosters sustained and open dialogue on issues important to the U.S., Japan, and East Asia.
SENIOR CORPORATE GIVING OFFICER
The Senior Corporate Giving Officer works as part of the Development team to maintain and expand the corporate membership program while working closely with other Development Office staff members on Special Events and other projects as needed.
Major responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director to devise strategies for recruitment and retention of Corporate Members and Sponsors, and to achieve Corporate Membership revenue goals, as assigned.
- Arrange and participate in regular cultivation visits with existing and potential donors.
- Identify and research new prospects
- Prepare correspondence, proposals, benefits, marketing materials, and reports for Corporate Membership & Sponsorship.
- Cultivate corporate members to engage in additional opportunities in corporate support at Japan Society, including opportunities to hold events and to sponsor cultural, educational, and corporate and policy programming.
- Work with Development Officer and other Development staff to process and send out monthly renewal, upgrade, and solicitation materials to all corporate members with phone follow-up.
- Field inquiries via corporate membership phone lines, email inboxes and mail and answer questions.
- Steward donors and fulfill benefit requirements and requests.
- Work closely with Special Events team to sell tables to Annual Dinner.
Bachelors degree and a minimum of three to five years related development experience. Must possess knowledge of corporate fundraising techniques and excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to network, build external relationships, and cultivate corporate sponsors. Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities required. Knowledge of Japanese culture and Japanese language is desirable.
To Apply: Email a letter of interest and resume to the Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Visit our website at: www.japansociety.org
Email cover letter and resume to Director, Human Resources at email@example.com