Position: Program Assistant for Teachers of Critical Languages Program
Posted by: American Councils
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Contract: Full-time, Temporary
Here’s a job via Idealist:
The Teacher Program staff at American Councils is responsible for implementing the Teachers of Critical Languages Program, an international exchange program that recruits and places English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers from China, Egypt, and Morocco within American K-12 schools where they teach their native language and culture for one academic year. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and its implementation includes but is not limited to recruitment, selection, placement, participant training and support, and alumni relations.
The Program Assistant for Teachers of Critical Languages Program will have an opportunity to work with a diverse group of teachers from China, Egypt, and Morocco and learn about implementing an exchange program. The Program Assistant reports to the Senior Program Manager. He/she will work with teacher programs team members to help with tasks associated with participant’s selection and notification, in-person and online workshops and alumni relations. Occasional travel maybe required.
The position is full-time, temporary- expected to last 6-8 months from start date. Some weeknights and weekend hours will be required.
- Assist with recruitment, and selection of U.S. host schools, and U.S. and international educators;
- Track incoming documents, and process and maintain applications and files;
- Liaise with overseas partners;
- Maintain databases and participant data;
- Facilitate domestic and international travel of the U.S. and international participants, including correspondence, preparation of materials, and visa processing;
- Provide maintenance and support to the participants while in the United States including the facilitation of housing and insurance, payment of stipends and bills, and liaising with host institutions;
- Assist with organizing program workshops and orientations for U.S. and international educators;
- Compile data and materials for grant proposals and reports;
- Provide support for other teacher training programs as needed.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and problem-solving skills within unstructured environments;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively;
- Experience blending creativity with technical writing within consistent workloads;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment under pressure;
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Experience in teaching English, EFL, or a foreign language in the U.S. or abroad preferred;
- BA in relevant field (e.g. language, education, area studies) required;
- Computer skills, including strong knowledge of Word and Excel required; knowledge of design programs such as In-Design preferred;
- Experience in international education preferred;
- Knowledge of Arabic or Chinese is preferred.
Application Process: Select this link and follow the prompts https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD&job=1708&jpt=
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.