Dec 11

Job: International Education positions in India at International Knowledge Center (Bangalore)

Posted by Jayme Tsutsuse (Kyoto-fu, 2013-Present), organizer of Cross-Cultural Kansai.  Click here to join the JETwit Jobs Google Group and receive job listings even sooner by email.

————————————————————————————————————

Position: University Counselor, Recruiting Coordinator, and International Programs Manager
Posted by: The International Knowledge Center
Location: Bangalore, India

University Counselor:

The primary role of the University Counselor will be to guide students towards the right-fit program and university for their overseas study; this will include interactions with parents and local high school administration as well as involvement in larger-scale recruiting programs.  The University Counselor should be committed to staying current with international recruiting trends, partner university needs, and education culture in India.

The responsibilities of the University Counselor include but are not limited to:

• Develop and build relationships with local high schools to engage students, parents, and counselors
  • Provide individual counseling sessions to students seeking to study overseas
  • Help students identify the important factors in choosing a major/university
  • Create timelines for application and help the students manage it
  • Provide feedback on student SOPs and essays
  • Prepare students for their visa interview
  • Host parent information sessions
  • Facilitate relevant workshops on degree choices, Writing SOPs & Essays etc.
  • Assist with the coordination and facilitation of India Calling, the biannual undergraduate recruitment event hosted by the International Knowledge Center
  • Coordinate various aspects of the College Exploratory Program (CEP), a short-term opportunity for Indian high school students to visit colleges and universities in the U.S.

Required Qualifications:

• M.A. degree in international education, school counseling, higher education, or similar field
  • Familiarity with U.S. Universities, their admission standards, TOEFL, ACT, SAT etc.
  • Experience working with international students

Desired Qualifications:

• Knowledge of the Indian education system
  • Experience living/working in India
  • Experience working with and advising Indian students
  • Experience in guidance/school counseling

Recruiting Coordinator:

The RC will have primary responsibility for recruitment activities at The International Knowledge Center and will work closely with the university counselor to ensure that maximum student outreach and follow-through is achieved. The Recruiting Coordinator should be committed to staying current with international recruiting trends, partner university needs, and education culture in India.

The responsibilities of the Recruiting Coordinator include but are not limited to:

• Establish a strategic plan and SMART goals for student outreach
  • Collaborate with IKC partner institutions to identify their recruitment needs
  • Build relationships with school administration in Bangalore and major education cities around India
  • Promote undergraduate study abroad to potential students and filter the interested candidates to the university counselor as appropriate
  • Develop in-house activities and events to stimulate student recruitment and understanding
  • Coordinate India Calling, the bi-annual recruitment event taking place throughout India

Required Qualifications:

• Degree in business, marketing, or related field
  • 2 years of experience working in the education industry

Desired Qualifications:

• Working knowledge of the Indian education system
  • Experience living/working in India

International Programs Manager:

The IPM has primary responsibility, in partnership with the CEO and other staff, for the overall functioning of The International Knowledge Center. The International Programs Manager should also be committed to staying current with international recruiting trends, partner university needs, and education culture in India.

The responsibilities of the International Programs Manager include but are not limited to the following:

• Lead strategic planning and development of long-term relationships and initiatives
  • Coordinate partner universities’ internationalization efforts in India
  • Collaborate with high schools and universities in India to identify needs and develop global programming
  • Manage the coordination of international exchange programs taking place in India
  • Oversee all recruitment efforts, working closely with the Recruitment Coordinator
  • Guide the marketing and outreach initiatives towards the fulfillment of long-term goals and interests of The International Knowledge Center and its partner institutions
  • Invest in staff development, building of company culture, teambuilding and goal-setting

Required Qualifications:

• M.A. in International Education, Education Management, or similar field
  • Experience working in the international education industry
  • Minimum 3 years of experience working in a similar role

Desired Qualifications:

• Experience living/working in India

For more information and to apply, please visit the job listing.

Page Rank