Oct 30

Job: Program Assistant for Student Activities and International Services (Newton, MA)

Posted by Jayme Tsutsuse (Kyoto-fu, 2013-Present), organizer of Cross-Cultural Kansai.  Click here to join the JETwit Jobs Google Group and receive job listings even sooner by email.

————————————————————————————————————

Position: Program Assistant for Student Activities and International Services
Posted by: Lasell College, Office of International Services (study abroad and international student advising) and the Office of Student Activities
Location: Newton, MA
Type: full-time, 10 month position

Overview:

Working within a student development framework, the professionals in the Student Affairs division at Lasell College strive to create an environment wherein students’ learning is supported and their individual growth is enhanced.  An opening currently exists for a talented individual to join the College community in the newly created position of Program Assistant for Student Activities and International Services.   This is a full-time, 10 month position, and periodic evening and weekend availability is required.

Responsibilities:
The Program Assistant for Student Activities and International Services will work closely with two functional units in Student Affairs:  the Office of International Services and the Office of Student Activities and Orientation.  With a primary focus on promoting and marketing the services of both Offices, this student development generalist position will collaborate with professionals in both Offices to provide direct service to students, and to deliver quality programming.  Specific functions will include:  assuming primary responsibility for maintaining the social media postings/accounts for both Offices; creating the monthly Student Activities calendar, and the International Student newsletter; designing and implementing campus-wide events (including the semi-annual Study Abroad Fairs); working with activities specifically focused on sophomores (including advising the Sophomore Class Committee and coordinating the annual Sophomore Connection event); and designing and implementing programs/activities related to the study abroad program (including co-advising the student Global Ambassadors; presenting educational sessions about study abroad; and meeting individually with students who are exploring study abroad options).

Qualifications:

Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in a related field (higher education, student development, international education; counseling) strongly preferred.  Other requirements include:  familiarity with, and comfort using, social media; proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications; and excellent written and oral verbal skills.  Preferred candidates will have direct experience in student development programming and/or study abroad advising, and will have an understanding of student development theory and its application in practice.  All candidates should demonstrate:  an interest and competency in working with students individually and in groups; an ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities; and comfort working with diverse populations.
Application Instructions:
Review of resumes will begin immediately.
Candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, current resume, and three reference names to: employment@lasell.edu
Additional Information:
Or to view this position on the Lasell College Employment website, please visit: http://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/staff-positions.html

Page Rank