Thanks to Heather Tomoyasu (Ibaraki-ken, 2004-06), who currently works for the JCCIC, for sharing this opening. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97). Click here to join the JETwit Jobs Google Group and receive job listings even sooner by email.
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Posted by: Japanese Chamber of Commerce
Type: PT/FT Contract Position
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: N/A
The Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of New York (JCCI) is seeking a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Administrative Coordinator from October through mid-December, switching to full-time from mid-December through March. There is a possibly that this position will surpass 5-months or lead to regular full-time employment. Successful candidates must be professional, service-oriented and able to handle a variety of duties. Experience working in Japan or at a Japanese company is a must, as are native-level English fluency and computer proficiency. Candidates with a business background are strongly preferred. Japanese language ability is a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate the organization’s charitable fund and assist the Executive Director regularly with special projects and assignments
- Plan and coordinate seminars, panel discussions and networking functions, and assist as needed at JCCI events
- Coordinate preliminary research for selection of participants for JCCI’s 2013 U.S. Educators Program, a summer study tour in Japan for American
- Compose/edit marketing materials, promotional publications, advertisements, press releases, website content, monthly e-newsletters, annual
membership directory, and event materials
- Exercise tact in interacting with Japanese and American executives, leaders of cultural institutions and organizations
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls, please.