Position: Reservations Staff – Asia Division
Posted by: Amnet
Location: New York
Start date: N/A
If you are interested in the travel and hospitality industry, have excellent personable skills, and like working in a Japanese company environment, consider Amnet New York as a great job opportunity. With an already strong Japanese clientele base, Amnet is looking to expand their name, brand and services to the American market as well as other Asian markets including the Philippines , Singapore and Malaysia .
Are you ambitious, a go getter and confident in sales? How would you like to go on a tour of NYC and then write about it as part of your job, visit all ranges of hotel properties, experience their lounges and restaurants on the clock for your clients? How about making it your job to know everything there is to know about NYC? As a travel agent, you will need to know what hotels to put your clients in, where they should eat and what kind of activities they can do in their free time. Your territory is not limited to NYC, you will have also opportunities to get to know Boston , Jersey City , Philadelphia and more!
On the flipside, you will also need to make it your business to know Japan and all its hidden gems. You will be in charge of coming up with tours for Americans to travel to Nihon! What makes your tour special, where you take first time visitors to Japan, what season would it be? Find this as the opportunity to share your love for Japan with the rest of the American world!
- Arrange air tickets, hotels, transportation and tours
- Visit hotels for site inspections, attend trade showcases at offsite locations and other familiarization trips
- Use the online reservation system GDS
- Respond to inquiries from clients via email, phone or directly
- Negotiate sales with airlines, hotels and other tour operators
- Sales calls to local and out of state corporate companies/clients
- Communicate with corporate clients (mostly Japanese companies with branches in the NY area)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- U.S. Work Permit
- Native-level English speaking and writing skills
- Japanese language proficiency preferred but not required
- Familiarity to Japanese customs and culture preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency especially Word, Excel and Publisher familiarity
How to apply:
Interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.