Via The Mainichi Newspapers. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
***Note: If you apply for this position, please let them know you learned of it from JETwit. Thanks.***
Position: Researcher/Reporter Assistant
Posted by: The Mainichi Newspapers
Location: Las Angeles, CA (Brentwood)
Salary: monthly net salary will be $2,500.00(after all applicable federal and state deductions and
Start Date: N/A
The Mainichi Newspapers Los Angeles Bureau seeks a Researcher/Reporter Assistant. The Mainichi Newspapers is a major daily Japanese newspaper printed in Japan with over 4 million readers. It is the oldest national daily newspaper in Japan founded in 1872. Our corporate information can be found at http://mdn.mainichi.jp/.
Note: The application deadline is August 19.
1. Coordinating with Japanese news correspondent in gathering news and developing articles.00
2. Proofreading and light English-English translation.
3. Researching and gathering news, conducting interviews, developing and maintaining news sources, covering press conferences and other events
including taking photos.
4. Some administrative duties are included.
• Must have a keen interest and understanding of U.S. current events.
• Must be proficient at speaking, writing and comprehending English, as well as the mother language being English.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and good instincts.
• Must be detail oriented and research savvy.
• Must be highly motivated in Journalism and bring up ideas of news reporting.
• Ability to analyze news stories to see what is interesting and newsworthy.
• Ability to work with deadlines.
• Persistent in achieving goals and objectives.
• Must have computer skills i.e. internet, word processing software (Microsoft Word, etc.).
• Must be available to work on weekend and/or irregular hours if needed.
• Preference Japanese or Spanish speaking applicants and/or those familiar with Japanese culture and media.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a cover letter (as a word document attachment) to email@example.com.