Thanks to Jet alum Jon LeFlore. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Job Position: Japanese Translator/Language Editor
Posted By: Big Fish Games
Location: Seattle, WA
At Big Fish Games, we offer thousands of easily accessible games that allow our customers to relax, have fun, and feel good. The Big Fish platform now includes Mac, PC, online, mobile, social, and console games, developed both in house and in partnership with more than 500 game developers around the world. Our team is located throughout the world, including our headquarters in Seattle, and our offices in Oakland, California, Vancouver, Canada, Cork, Ireland and Luxembourg. We release A New Game Every Day!® and publish the industry’s leading casual game brands. Since our founding in 2002, we have distributed more than 1 billion premium casual games across numerous genres to customers in more than 150 countries and 10 languages.
As a Japanese Translator/Language Editor, you will work directly with our Japanese site manager in a rapidly changing environment to ensure the quality of a large volume of new game titles for our Japanese web portal http://www.bigfishgames.jp. Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, translating, editing and proofing game content as well as ensuring that linguistic quality adheres to our high standards and guidelines. You excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment – all with the goal of furthering the company’s international growth and success. Additionally, you have a passion for linguistics and Big Fish Games products; you love to take on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and culturally diverse team that’s on the forefront of casual gaming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform game translations, language editing and localization testing on a variety of games
- Edit existing localized game content and file bug reports following the company’s guidelines and processes.
- Proofread, and occasionally translate, a variety of texts for Big Fish Japanese Portal.
- Work with Japanese site manager to make recommendations for site improvements.
- Handle additional projects for the Japanese site manager as needed.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Associate’s degree or language/linguistic field degree preferred.
- Must be a native Japanese speaker and fluent in English.
- Japanese to English and English to Japanese translation experience (exposure to TRADOS is a plus).
- 6+ months experience working as a game tester preferred.
- Great attention to detail and passionate about the Japanese language.
- Experience working with XML and HTML a plus.
- Ability to be a team player who works well in a culturally diverse environment while shining as an individual and maintaining a sense of humor.
- Excellent computer skills and MS Office Suite knowledge.
*Please submit your cover letter in Japanese! Come be the next Big Fish in the pond!