Thanks to JET alum Sebastian Shimoichi for sharing this posting. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Position: Japanese Language Project Manager
Posted by: TransPerfect
Location: Manhattan, NY
Start Date: N/A
TransPerfect Translations was founded in 1992 with the following mission: to provide the highest quality language services to leading businesses worldwide. With no external financing, the TransPerfect family of companies grew from its humble beginnings as a two-person company operating in an NYU business school dorm room into the world’s third largest translation and software localization firm and one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies in the United States. With a network of over 8,000 language specialists and over 1,500 full-time employees in over 68 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, we’re continuously ready to meet our clients’ needs, around the clock and around the world.
We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their career in an expanding environment.
Language Project Managers manage the entire life-cycle of translation projects for our clients.
- Oversee under the supervision of a Language Group Manager and other Project Managers, all aspects of project coordination (scheduling, trafficking, and management of all data, personnel, and resources) from hand-off through project completion to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality delivery
- Proofread final product and at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy
- Strengthen excellent relationships with contract linguists
- Manage pricing and contractual issues by developing a thorough understanding of company procedures
- Liaise with client services and production staff to clarify assignment needs and goals
- Juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Research and resolve payment issues
Essential skills and experience required:
- 0-2+ years Project Management experience
- NATIVE LEVEL Japanese skills and fluency in English
- Requires a four-year degree or higher, preferably in a foreign language
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize activities on a daily basis to accomplish project goals
- Ability to generate and maintain budgets and schedules
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with standard translation management tools preferred but not required (Trados, Wordfast, SDLX, Catalyst)
- Knowledge of Acrobat, HTML and XML preferred but not required
- Willing to learn new things, be open to challenges and thrive on success
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Rhea Chablani at email@example.com.