Thanks to JET alum Jessica Kennett Cork for sharing this job. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Position: Asst Dir, Alumni Development – International Programs
Posted by: Emory University
Location: Atlanta, GA
Start Date: N/A
Creates, maintains, and enhances the relationship between the alumni and the University and among alumni themselves. Coordinates alumni events both locally and nationally. Plans annual events to strengthen ties with the University such as Alumni weekend, parents weekend, assembly meetings and class reunions. Develops alumni clubs and travel programs throughout the country and assists them in planning and implementing events. May supervise clerical and professional staff. Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations or related field and two years of alumni relations, event planning, public relations or other related experience, OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training. Effective public speaking skills.
Bachelor’s degree required; Emory degree preferred.
• Proven success with a minimum of 2 years professional experience in alumni relations, event planning, sales, account management, public relations or other related experience.
• Outstanding verbal, presentation, and written communication skills: an attentive listener, articulate public speaker, and clear and persuasive writer.
• Computer/information management aptitude required and proficiency with personal computers and office software.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
• Must have ability to adhere to strict deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to independently initiate, organize, and complete program/project plans.
• High energy, clear goal orientation, and attention to detail.
• Team oriented with the ability to work independently.
• Aptitude in mastering database software and technologies with the ability to evaluate data and use on a daily basis
• Evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to deal effectively with and represent the University to a wide range of individuals/groups within and outside of Emory University.
• International travel background, including experience working and/or living abroad
• Foreign language skills.
• Background in travel or hospitality industry.
• Volunteer management skills.
• Event planning skills.
• Experience working in a non-profit environment.
For more details and to apply, go to: