Thanks to JETAA NY Board member Katrina Barnas for sharing this JET-relevant job listing at the Chazen Institute (at Columbia Business School) where Kat also works. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Position: Program Coordinator
Posted by: Chazen Institute
Location: Columbia University (NYC)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: N/A
Reporting to the Executive Director and Associate Director of the Jerome A. Chazen Institute of International Business, the Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Institute’s study tour program and outreach events/projects as assigned.
1. In consultation with the Associate Director, coordinates the Institute’s study tour travel program. In this role, the Program Coordinator advises student leaders as they plan, market and implement travel programs for MBA students within specified budgets; liaises with faculty advisors, external vendors and internal offices; coordinate signups and communication with student participants.
2. Coordinates logistics related to conferences, symposia, lectures and other events.
3. Represents the Institute at internal and external events and communicates program details to current and prospective students and alumni.
4. Supports the academic and executive directors in their various functions, works on additional projects as assigned and shares in the responsibilities of other staff members as a flexible team player.
5. Performs other relevant duties as needed and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications:
The incumbent must be a proven team player, able to work cooperatively in small groups as well as independently with changing priorities and multiple responsibilities. The incumbent must be pro-active with excellent organizational and communication skills, acute attention to detail and computer literate. Microsoft Office required. The incumbent must exercise tact and discretion when interacting with international faculty, students, administrators, leaders in academia and business. Cultural sensitivity required. Must be customer service oriented. Should be willing to work evenings when necessary. Some travel required.
2 years related experience in program and event management and planning preferred. Familiarity with web programming a plus. International experience and interest in international business preferred. Knowledge of a second language a plus.