Thanks to Columbus, OH-based JET alum Daniel Stone for sharing this listing at the organization where he works as the Center Director. Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Position: Academic Director
Posted by: ELS Language Centers
Location: Columbus, OH
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start date: N/A
Reporting directly to the Center Director, the Academic Director will be responsible for:
- Developing and conducting the academic program in such a manner that it meets all standards of ELS Language Centers standardized
- Hiring, training and supervising of instructional staff.
- Providing substitute and/or regular classroom instruction.
- Developing and maintaining the instructional budget.
- Ordering and maintaining all instructional materials.
- Supervising the placement, testing and evaluation of students.
- Scheduling classes, teachers and students.
- Orienting new students to the academic program.
- Submitting required academic reports to universities and/or sponsors.
- Submitting required reports to the Corporate or District Office.
- Maintaining Center operations in the absence of the Center Director.
- Supervising the Assistant Academic Director.
- Assisting with the management of special programs as assigned.
- Performing other duties as necessary or assigned.
Education: MA in ESL, Applied Linguistics or related field with equivalent experience required.
MA in ESL, Applied Linguistics or related field with equivalent experience required
A minimum of two years teaching experience in the field of ESL and a minimum of one year of experience as an administrator in charge of teachers and teaching-related responsibilities. Curriculum planning and implementation experience is helpful.
Email resumes to:
Daniel J. Stone
ELS Language Centers