Position: Japanese/English Bilingual Associate Producer
Posted by: NHK
Location: New York City, New York
Here’s a job received directly from the company:
NHK General Bureau for America is seeking a full-time Associate Producer who covers news in US. The Associate Producer will be working with correspondents from Japan with duties including but not limited to:
- Conducting research, reporting, and fact-gathering regarding social, cultural and science news
- Pitching story ideas
- Arranging interviews and travel logistics
- Business trips nationwide for interview including driving car
- Make TV reports for “NHK World” (NHK’s international TV service in English)
This position will start as soon as possible. You must be able to come for an in-person interview.
NHK is Japan’s biggest and the sole public broadcasting network nationwide and worldwide. NHK General Bureau for America (based in Manhattan, New York) covers all the news in North and South American Continents for NHK’s various news and documentary programs.
You can see NHK’s info from these URL;
- Show a strong interest in news broadcasting especially social, cultural and science news
- Be a resourceful self-starter who works well under pressure
- Be willing to travel and drive
- Language: Fluent English required, Japanese and Spanish preferred.
- Have a driver’s license
- Microsoft OFFICE skills
How To Apply: Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clips are welcome as well, but no phone calls please.