Position: JET Program Coordinator
Posted by: Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program
Location: Washington, D.C.
Here’s a job via JETAADC:
About the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program
The JET Program is the government of Japan’s most successful exchange program, sending over 62,000 participants to Japan since 1987 to serve as Assistant Language Teachers and Coordinators for International Relations. The program aims to enhance English language education at the primary and secondary school levels, and promote international exchange by fostering ties at the grassroots level between Japanese and foreign youth.
Under the supervision of the Education Counselor, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the screening process for applications for all U.S. candidates, recruitment and interviewing of applicants in the D.C./Maryland/Virginia area, and preparing successful candidates for departure. This position will also involve liaising with the JET Alumni Association of Washington, D.C. and assisting with other projects within the Education Counselor’s portfolio as necessary.
- Program promotion through recruiting events (career fairs, information sessions, etc.) and social media outreach efforts
- Implementation of the online application system, application screening, and responding to applicant inquiries
- Coordination of the review and interview processes, including scheduling and serving as point of contact with review and interview committee members
- Planning and execution of events, including logistical support, coordinating volunteers, and conducting presentations
- Communicate and collaborate with other JET Program Coordinators at Japanese Consulates in the U.S.
- Other duties assigned at the discretion of the Education Counselor or senior JET Program Coordinators
- A U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong English verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of the JET Program
- Experience working with international education/exchange programs
- Social media and digital marketing experience
- Japanese language ability
Please note: the Program Coordinator is an independent contractor to the Embassy and will not be deemed an employee of the Embassy for any purpose whatsoever. Salary commensurate with experience. A successful candidate will be required to submit his/her background check information
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 28th. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. We cannot guarantee that applicants who do not follow these instructions will be able to have their applications considered.