Posted by Kay Monroe (Miyazaki-shi, 1995 -97).
Position: Associate Producer
Posted by: NHK
Location: New York, NY
Start date: N/A
A successful Associate Producer will wear many hats. He or she will work in a 24-hours news environment, participating in every aspect of TV News production, from research through post-production on both short hits and feature packages. The successful applicant should be news savvy, up to date on key issues affecting New York City and the U.S. at large.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Research and develop stories for both daily news distribution and feature segments.
- Maintain awareness of key issues affecting New York City and the U.S. at large.
- Perform shooting activities in the field, including assisting correspondent and/or leading team as needed.
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously but accurately under pressure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in media or public relations preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and develop leads and contacts independent of assignments.
- Interest in or experience with Japan, Japanese language, and Japanese culture preferred.
This position requires a willingness to travel regularly and a willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays regularly as the needs of projects change and news develops.
NHK is Japan’s public television network and one of the largest media outlets in the world. NHK operates multiple channels in Japan and the English language NHK World here in America.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc or .pdf format. Writing samples and/or portfolio links are optional but preferred. This position is open until filled. NHK is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is competitive and benefits include full health and dental insurance and a 401k package.